Feb 17th 2020
5 reasons Manchester is the perfect graduate adventure
After three years of drunken Wednesdays followed by a soul-destroying 9 am lecture, you find yourself right in the middle of the harsh reality that is adulthood.
So what next?
From the invention of the computer to pioneering women’s right to vote, Manchester has always had an eye on the future. Planning your next steps after university doesn’t necessarily mean moving to London. There is a lot going on in the north and here are five reasons Manchester could be the perfect place to start your first work adventure.
- More bang for your buck. We all know that whilst London is great, there’s no denying that a few months living there will have burnt a big fat hole in your pocket. In the north, however, things are just cheaper – giving you room to splash the cash on living the high life in your roaring 20s.
- Graduate jobs galore. The startup scene is exploding in Manchester (just see our Super Startups list) and it isn’t going unnoticed by the big dog VCs and investors. It’s the perfect chance to work for a bunch of cool, fast-paced companies without the hustle and bustle of London.
- Young, wild and free. Manchester has that slightly cooler, more alternative edge to everything. With live music, events and exciting new bars popping up all the time you will be spoilt for choice for fun ways to spend your evenings and weekends.
- It’s all about the people. Nothing says more about a place than the people who live in it, and you can’t go wrong with the friendly bunch in Manchester. Mancunians love to talk and whether it’s on the bus, train or on the street you’ll meet people from all walks of life on a daily basis.
- The music. As the birthplace of The Smiths, Joy Division, Oasis, Take That and many more, you can’t deny a certain musical pedigree in this city. With the music scene still thriving it regularly hosts global superstars as well as up-and-coming acts so you really will get to experience the lot.
The jobs, the people, the environment… What more could you want from a city? These five reasons are enough to make anyone want to pack up their bags and set off on a northern adventure. So what are you waiting for?
If you’re looking to dip your toe into something but not sure what why not check out these amazing benefits of a temp job you didn’t know about.