Business Development Executive
We’re on a mission to make work an adventure and recruitment the most exciting thing companies do.
For our clients, each hire is the chance to find that next great person that will change their organisation – bringing fresh ideas and energy. For our candidates, each new role is the chance to develop professionally and personally, make new achievements, and meet new people. However, thanks to years of cumbersome, disengaging and expensive processes, recruitment has become something that both parties dread. Tempo is here to change that.
We launched in May 2017 and set about making this vision a reality. Our platform provides a different experience – we match people based on what really matters for modern work, bring roles and people to life using video, and enable varied ways for them to get to know each other before a match is confirmed (with an average time to hire of just 4 days, compared to industry average of 40 days). This experience has resulted in more than 75,000 candidates connected to 2,500 of the most exciting companies in the UK, including the likes of Monzo, Bulb, Drover and Goodlord to name a few.
The team has grown from 3 to 36 and we’ve attracted more than £8m of investment to accelerate our growth.
We’re now looking for a Business Development Executive to join the team as we continue to grow into 2021.
The role sits within our sales team, reporting into one of our Co-Founders – Ben. You’ll be assigned a market vertical (e.g. proptech, financial services) and be responsible for outbound, B2B sales activity that proactively targets prospective customers through a variety of channels, though we do lots of work on the phone, email and video.
You’ll have ownership of the entire sales cycle, from first contact through to signing them up andand building a long term relationship. This means the role is varied and will give you exposure to things like; research and analysis, market mapping and creating a go-to-market plan, prospecting on the phone, email and video, managing and closing deals as well as developing accounts.
This role sits within a really dynamic team environment where high value is placed on coaching and mentoring, ownership and constantly exploring new and improved ideas, and ways of working.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Well organised and able to manage your own time effectively
- Motivated by achieving targets and achieving revenue / commission
- High emotional intelligence and good listening skills
- Coachable – receive feedback positively and you’re always looking to improve
- It’s a bonus if you’ve got 12 months B2B sales experience, though not essential
- Contributes great energy to a team environment – takes an interest in and works well with others as well as independently against your targets
- Many of our customers, and prospects, are high-growth tech startups so genuine passion and interest in this space will enhance performance
We value diversity so we’re not looking to hire people that will just “fit” our team, we want people who will positively contribute to it and bring something different. Applicants from all backgrounds are very welcome.
- Uncapped commission
- Unlimited holiday
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Free wellness sessions (for example, yoga, pilates)
- £1,000 a year individual Learning & Development budget
- Regular team events and socials
- A high spec laptop to use during employment
- Office based role, with flexible working options (we’ve been working remotely since March 2020)