Business Development Manager
We’re on a mission to make work an adventure and recruitment the most exciting thing companies do.
For our clients, each hire is the chance to find that next great person that will change their organisation – bringing fresh ideas and energy. For our candidates, each new role is the chance to develop professionally and personally, make new achievements, and meet new people. However, thanks to years of cumbersome, disengaging and expensive processes, recruitment has become something that both parties dread. Tempo is here to change that.
We launched in May 2017 and set about making this vision a reality. Our platform provides a different experience – we match people based on what really matters for modern work, bring roles and people to life using video, and enable varied ways for them to get to know each other before a match is confirmed (with an average time to hire of just 4 days, compared to industry average of 40 days). This experience has resulted in more than 75,000 candidates connected to 2,500 of the most exciting companies in the UK, including the likes of Monzo, Bulb, Drover and Goodlord to name a few.
We’re now looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our team as we continue to grow into 2021. Reporting in to the CEO, this role will be responsible for B2B sales activity specifically focused on winning temp business.
Initially, you will be the only sales person focused on this market so you will find plenty of opportunity to shape our approach and apply your experience and expertise! You’ll need to be comfortable operating independently, identifying and approaching prospective customers by any means possible and collaborating with marketing to creative initiatives that support your efforts.
You will play an active part in mentoring and supporting those around you by sharing your knowledge and expertise. In line with our growth aspirations, this role could lead to an opportunity to manage others.
We take a consultative sales-approach and although our sales cycle can be extremely fast we do not want transactional relationships with clients. Typically we target high-growth technology businesses and startups / scaleups but are increasingly finding needs within larger, more complex organisations so comfort with both long and short sales-cycles would be beneficial.
Your targets will be based on revenue generation. Commission is uncapped and paid out monthly.
- 3+ years experience in B2B sales, with a strong preference for recruitment
- A strong, demonstrable network of clients within a specific temporary recruitment market
- You have proven experience in developing effective sales strategies
- You are self motivated, able to set your own goals and manage your time effectively to achieve these goals
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team
- Share options
- Uncapped commission
- Unlimited holiday
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- £1,000 a year individual Learning & Development budget
- Regular team events and socials
- A high-spec laptop to use during employment
- Office based role, with flexible working options (we’ve been working from home since March 2020)