We’re on a mission to make work an adventure and recruitment the most exciting thing companies do.
For our clients, each hire is the chance to find that next great person that will change their organisation – bringing fresh ideas and energy. For our candidates, each new role is the chance to develop professionally and personally, make new achievements, and meet new people. However, thanks to years of cumbersome, disengaging and expensive processes, recruitment has become something that both parties dread. Tempo is here to change that.
We launched in May 2017 and set about making this vision a reality. Our platform provides a different experience – we match people based on what really matters for modern work, bring roles and people to life using video, and enable varied ways for them to get to know each other before a match is confirmed (with an average time to hire of just 4 days, compared to industry average of 40 days). This experience has resulted in more than 75,000 candidates connected to 2,500 of the most exciting companies in the UK, including the likes of Monzo, Bulb, Drover and Goodlord to name a few.
The team has grown from 3 to 36 and we’ve attracted more than £8m of investment to accelerate our growth.
We’re now looking for a Finance Executive to join the growing Finance team. This would be a great first move for someone coming out of practice or someone who is currently working in a startup accounting role looking for a change. In this role, you will have plenty of scope for developing experience technically, gaining an understanding of our commercial goals and taking on people management in the long term. As a Finance Executive, you will work closely with the Head of Finance to ensure systems and processes are set-up correctly and scalable for growth.
This role will;
- Take ownership over end to end accounts receivable process from invoice to payment and accounts payable ledger / supplier queries on a day-to-day basis
- Manage weekly payroll runs for temporary workers using our 3rd party tool
- Prepare weekly payment runs and perform invoice matching to payment entries
- Process monthly expense claims and credit card reports
- Perform regular bank reconciliations in Xero
- Assist with preparing monthly management accounts in collaboration with the Head of Finance, including posting journals
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis
- Assist with investment, tax and other compliance work as necessary
- Provide support to non-financial departmental heads with financial information as and when required
- 2-3 years of experience in accounting
- Recently qualified or finalist ACCA/CIMA
- Knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices and ability to apply them
- Comfortable being flexible and adaptable in style, and crucially being hands on to meet the varying needs of our growing start-up
- Curious and interested in all aspects of our business so that you can be involved beyond this immediate role
- Willingness to try new things, improve processes and not do things as they have been done before/have always been done
- Proven track record of strong attention to detail and priority management
- Thrive when problem solving and working autonomously
- Highly competent with spreadsheets and familiar with third party accounting and payroll software (in this case, Xero)
- A team player keen to take ownership and accountability for work
We value diversity so we’re not looking to hire people that will just “fit” our team, we want people who will positively contribute to it and bring something different. Applicants from all backgrounds are very welcome.
- Share options
- Unlimited holiday
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Free wellness sessions (for example, yoga, pilates)
- £1,000 a year individual Learning & Development budget
- Regular team events and socials
- A high spec laptop to use during employment
- Office based role, with flexible working options