Sales Development Representative (SDR)
We’re on a mission to make work an adventure and recruitment the most exciting thing companies do.
For our clients, each hire is the chance to find that next great person that will change their organisation – bringing fresh ideas and energy. For our candidates, each new role is the chance to develop professionally and personally, make new achievements, and meet new people. However, thanks to years of cumbersome, disengaging and expensive processes, recruitment has become something that both parties dread. Tempo is here to change that.
We launched in May 2017 and set about making this vision a reality. Our platform provides a different experience – we match people based on what really matters for modern work, bring roles and people to life using video, and enable varied ways for them to get to know each other before a match is confirmed. This has enabled hiring teams to be 2.5x more efficient and reduce average time to hire to just 4 days, all whilst delivering a brilliant candidate experience. This has resulted in more than 90,000 candidates being connected to 3,000 of the most exciting companies in the UK, including the likes of Monzo, Bulb, Starling Bank and Goodlord, to name a few.
The team has grown from 3 to 40 and we’ve attracted more than £8m of investment from high-calibre investors including The Adecco Group, Hambro Perks, Chris Bruce and Michael Whitfield (Thomson Online Benefits).
As a member of the sales development team, you will be responsible for growing the new business pipeline through consistent, differentiated outreach to prospects across a number of verticals.
The majority of our clients are high growth, technology-led startups and scaleups so you can expect to be selling into some of the most exciting and fastest growing companies in the world, developing an excellent understanding of the startup ecosystem in the process. You’ll also play a part in helping their growth through providing them with access to the incredibly talent candidates we work with, at the start of their careers.
To succeed in the role you’ll need to be organised, driven, an excellent communicator and relationship builder, and have the desire to continually improve and hone your skills.
You’ll receive significant training to help you ramp up but we’re looking for someone who’ll thrive with trust and the freedom to create an approach they think is best, and learn and refine it as they go – rather than wanting to follow a script.
Within the role you will:
Develop and execute highly targeted, personalised and differentiated outreach – calls, emails, but also videos, voice-notes, gift boxes etc – to key stakeholders at target accounts. We are a very human company and treat others as such – don’t believe in “spamming” anyone.
Build close working relationships with people across the business, with a particular focus on the Sales team, making sure we’re working as one team throughout the sales process and leveraging one another’s knowledge and network where we can.
You’ll become a Hubspot pro and look for ways to optimise our use of the CRM, making sure our approach is joined up, consistent and that prospects don’t fall between the cracks.
Play an active role in reviewing and improving our outbound process and ensure we are always taking a unique approach to ‘opening doors’ into new prospect accounts that sets the right tone for Tempo as a business, reflecting our culture and values.
We’re flexible in terms of level when it comes to this role – you may be at the start of your career or at a more experienced level – we care most about what you’d bring to the team.
- We don’t need relevant experience as such but do need confidence that you’ve self identified you’ll enjoy and thrive in a sales role – for example you’re not scared to pick up the phone and talk to someone you’ve never met and form a bond
- Target driven – someone who’ll be keen to perform, and love the feeling of bringing a new client on board
- Brand advocate – you love what we do and want to represent it to others in a really quality way
- Relationship skills – you’re a great communicator, you read others well, you can build a bond quickly with most people
- Ownership – you’ll manage your responsibilities and find ways to do better all the time without anyone micro-managing you
- Adaptability – you’ll receive plenty of feedback from us as well as insight from your experience on what works and doesn’t – the ability to keep learning is key
- Values-aligned – have a read of our company values! We will look for them in this role just as we do others – it’s not about making sales at all costs, you’re part of our culture too
- Potential – we’re looking for people who we can develop in our growing sales team who’ll progress and look to make a bigger impact on the business
We value diversity so we’re not looking to hire people that will just “fit” our team, we want people who will positively contribute to it and bring something different. Applicants from all backgrounds are very welcome.
- Uncapped commission
- Generous equity package
- Unlimited holiday
- 24/7 unlimited counselling for you and your family
- Digital GP on demand
- Salary insurance for up to 2 years if you are sick/injured
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders / to become one if you wish
- £1,000 a year individual Learning & Development budget
- Progression reviews and career planning meetings twice a year
- Regular salary and promotion reviews
- Regular team events and socials – from summer parties and sports days to virtual magic shows and cook alongs
- Diversity and Inclusion training for all, as standard
- Hybrid office/home model with most people in the office 2/3 days a week
- High spec laptop and generous budget for at home office equipment