Senior Product Manager
We’re on a mission to make work an adventure and recruitment the most exciting thing companies do.
For our clients, each hire is the chance to find that next great person that will change their organisation – bringing fresh ideas and energy. For our candidates, each new role is the chance to develop professionally and personally, make new achievements, and meet new people. However, thanks to years of cumbersome, disengaging and expensive processes, recruitment has become something that both parties dread. Tempo is here to change that.
We launched in May 2017 and set about making this vision a reality. Our platform provides a different experience – we match people based on what really matters for modern work, bring roles and people to life using video, and enable varied ways for them to get to know each other before a match is confirmed (with an average time to hire of just 4 days, compared to industry average of 40 days). This experience has resulted in more than 75,000 candidates connected to 2,500 of the most exciting companies in the UK, including the likes of Monzo, Bulb, Drover and Goodlord to name a few.
The team has grown from 3 to 36 and we’ve attracted more than £8m of investment to accelerate our growth.
We’re now looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our technology team.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be central to construction of our product roadmap, and – together with the Development Lead – delivery of that roadmap
- Drive our product vision to remain fit and competitive in an emerging and exciting marketplace
- Work directly with our CTO, the senior leadership team and the engineering team; this is a really visible and vital role in our organisation with accountability for results
- Oversee our “ShapeUp” product management process, which has been implemented in line with our culture – allowing product ideas from any part of the business to be developed, assessed and built
- Actively engage with users (both candidate and hiring companies) to build empathy and responsively inform product development and promote new features; as well as with the wider recruitment tech community
- Be available to support the build teams in staying unblocked and focussed on their goals
Long term, we hope that in line with our growth aspirations this role will evolve to a more senior position with functional leadership responsibilities, as we develop our product, and explore new products and locations.
- 4 or more years of commercial product management experience in a software product team, ideally within the recruitment or HR-tech industry and preferably for a start-up
- Experience with the following:
- Rapidly deep-diving into an existing product and its commercial landscape
- Product roadmap construction and maintenance
- Working with full-stack development teams supporting continuous deliveries
- Coordinating UI/UX design, engineers and QA in small project teams
- Using data to back product decisions and credibly influence
- Engaging with real users, in either B2B or B2C situations
- Curious about following and keeping on top of new developments in the HR tech and recruitment industry and the courage to not follow the industry but consider how we can be different, and better
- Passionate about self and professional development
- Awesome communication and relationship building skills – you’ll be working right across the business and at all levels, we’re a highly collaborative and supportive team in terms of working style
- Motivated by our mission and vision to make work an adventure and recruitment the most exciting thing companies do
- Agile qualifications or certifications (e.g. CSPO, PSPO, etc.) welcomed but by no means required
- Experience with the ShapeUp methodology a bonus
We value diversity so we’re not looking to hire people that will just “fit” our team, we want people who will positively contribute to it and bring something different. Applicants from all backgrounds are very welcome.
- Unlimited holiday
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- £1,000 a year individual Learning & Development budget
- Regular team events and socials
- A high spec laptop to use during employment
- Office based role, with flexible working options (we’ve been working remotely since March 2020)