Software Developer – Data team
We’re on a mission to make work an adventure and recruitment the most exciting thing companies do.
Each hire is the chance to find someone great, who will bring fresh ideas and energy to drive your business forward. For individuals, each new role is a chance to make an impact, develop skills and make new friends. However, thanks to years of cumbersome, disengaging and expensive processes, recruitment has become something that both companies and candidates dread. Tempo is here to change that.
We launched our MVP in May 2017 and started generating revenue the day it went live. We haven’t looked back since: We’ve seen over 75,000 candidates sign up to our platform; around 2,500 employers (including the likes of Monzo, Uber Eats, Bulb Energy and BCG to name a few); the size of the team has quadrupled, and investors have supported the business with over £8M of funding to accelerate our growth.
But we’re not done yet – we need more amazing developers to join our technical team as we consolidate and accelerate our expansion into 2020 and beyond. Although we’ve got great traction and a maturing product, we’re still a small and dynamic team and most definitely still in startup mode, so we’re looking for people who are:
- Super smart, driven and can think outside the box
- Responsible and diligent – willing to go out of your comfort zone to deliver greatness
- Team players – as ready to have a laugh and support your colleagues as you are smashing out code
We are now looking for super-smart and creative people to be the first members of a new centralised data science team. Working closely with our product development team, as well as with operations and customer success, we want you to help us unlock the enormous amounts of data we are gathering from our online hiring platform and understand how we continuously improve in keeping our users happy!
The role will involve:
- Working with the head of data to develop the data science infrastructure inside Tempo.
- Develop infrastructure to automate KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), enhance data science analytics and shape further development of our AI matching algorithm
- Developing your own quantitative skills and be involved with data science projects.
- Work alongside the product development team to feedback the data team’s findings and help shape the product team’s data capture
The successful applicant for this role will be a proactive programmer who is enthusiastic about technology. We like people who have broad skills and an approachable attitude to problems. We are less concerned with lists of qualifications.
In particular we would love it if you had:
- A degree in maths, computer science, engineering or other related field
- Enthusiasm for technology. We like using great technology to solve Tempo’s business problems.
- At least 1+ years of experience working in a role where programming was the major part.
- Unlimited holiday
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Free wellness sessions (for example, yoga, pilates)
- £1,000 a year individual Learning & Development budget
- Regular team events and socials
- A high spec laptop to use during employment
- Office based role, with flexible working options