We’re on a mission to make work an adventure and recruitment the most exciting thing companies do.
For our clients, each hire is the chance to find that next great person that will change their organisation – bringing fresh ideas and energy. For our candidates, each new role is the chance to develop professionally and personally, make new achievements, and meet new people. However, thanks to years of cumbersome, disengaging and expensive processes, recruitment has become something that both parties dread. Tempo is here to change that.
We launched in May 2017 and set about making this vision a reality. Our platform provides a different experience – we match people based on what really matters for modern work, bring roles and people to life using video, and enable varied ways for them to get to know each other before a match is confirmed. This has enabled hiring teams to be 2.5x more efficient and reduce average time to hire to just 4 days, all whilst delivering a brilliant candidate experience. This has resulted in more than 90,000 candidates being connected to 3,000 of the most exciting companies in the UK, including the likes of Monzo, Bulb, Starling Bank and Goodlord, to name a few.
The team has grown from 3 to 40 and we’ve attracted more than £8m of investment from high-calibre investors including The Adecco Group, Hambro Perks, Chris Bruce and Michael Whitfield (Thomson Online Benefits).
About the role
We’re now looking for a Talent Partner to help us access the talent we need for our business as we grow, engage them with the opportunity of being part of our team and provide a brilliant experience both during hiring but also in ensuring once people are here they fulfil their potential and succeed.
This is a true 360 role in which the measure of your success isn’t to just fill roles but to have people make solid contributions to the business and experience enriching, challenging career opportunities with us.
The role will predominantly focus on our hiring efforts – what talent are we looking for to fill our roles, how do we reach a diverse range of candidates and how do we deliver recruitment operations in line with our business needs as we experience growth.
This is the first talent focused permanent hire in the People team, reporting to our Head of People, and you can expect to work at many levels – from sourcing and administration through to working with senior stakeholders to manage a hiring process. We’re looking for someone happy to be hands on but with potential to grow as Tempo and the People function grows.
This role will entail;
External talent (75%)
- Post our roles in the right places to attract the right people
- Pro-actively source and headhunt awesome candidates to broaden our reach
- Facilitate the end to end process and constantly look for ways to improve it
- Conduct engaging qualification calls with interested candidates
- Make the onboarding experience seamless, and a wonderful welcome
- Partner with our hiring managers and care about finding great people for their roles just as much as they do
- Manage administration and reporting associated with hiring (i.e. pipeline reports, employee references)
Internal talent (20%)
- Oversee the new starter experience – from induction to probation
- Support with our career conversation process twice a year (for example, putting 360 feedback reports together)
- Work with our teams to keep career frameworks up to date and useful
- Support managers with promotion planning once employees are close
- Support our teams in considering how their L&D budget may be used, to enable employee progression
- Coordinate cross-functional projects and learning opportunities
- Support with diversity and inclusion initiatives related to hiring
- Help us roll out values-based assessment at recruitment stage
- Support on employer brand content
- Ad hoc support for other People initiatives
- Experience supporting recruitment within a HR function, ideally within a start-up if not a growth environment, with some examples of success and learning
- A clear passion for Talent -both in helping candidates and employees succeed but also in driving our business growth through hiring and development efforts
- As an advocate for our brand, culture and values fit is absolutely essential
- Warmth, and the ability to quickly build strong trusting relationships with potential candidates, existing ones, employees and hiring managers
- An eagerness to grow, try new things, constantly improve what we’re doing
- Drive and keenness for a challenge – some roles (i.e. tech) have talent shortages in the market, you’ll need resilience as you find ways to source them
- Urgency and commitment when it comes to filling roles and managing pipeline, diligence when it comes to detail, quality and delivery will be very important
- An academic interest and eagerness to be credible on People matters and understand best practice – whether achieved through a qualification or not
We value diversity so we’re not looking to hire people that will just “fit” our team, we want people who will positively contribute to it and bring something different. Applicants from all backgrounds are very welcome.
- Generous equity package
- Unlimited holiday
- 24/7 unlimited counselling for you and your family
- Digital GP on demand
- Salary insurance for up to 2 years if you are sick/injured
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders / option to become one if you wish
- £1,000 a year individual Learning & Development budget
- Progression reviews and career planning meetings twice a year
- Regular salary and promotion reviews
- Regular team events and socials – from summer parties and sports days to virtual magic shows and cook alongs
- Diversity and Inclusion training for all, as standard
- Hybrid office/home model with most people in the office 2/3 days a week
- High spec laptop and generous budget for at home office equipment